CQ Forums
WELCOME TO THE CQ FORUMS!
We are a growing community of 34 users.
If you are a returning user, log in to join the discussions. If you are new, please register to get started.

Give a warm welcome to... yeaimalright!

HomeCommunityFAQMemberlistLog inRegister
Top posters
Superfoo

Starshade

Rainbow Dash

Goofy

wizardhunter

Spock

Telepath

TheLittlePurrmaid

TristenJenkins

shagohod

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Egyptian Ratscrew

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Superfoo
Founder

PostSubject: Egyptian Ratscrew   Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:51 pm

Egyptian Ratscrew, also known as Egyptian War, is a fast paced card game I like to play whenever I get the chance. The goal of the game is to hold all of the cards. There are several different guides on how to play this game, but this is my variation:

Setup
Egyptian War is usually played with a regular deck without Jokers. To accommodate more players, an additional deck may be used. A comfortable game with one deck usually works out with two to four players. Any player can join mid-game, regardless of the deck size.
Shuffle the deck, and give an equal amount of cards to each player. 
Note: At no point in the game can the players look at or shuffle their cards.

How to Play
Players take turns placing cards in a central pile, which should be equidistant from all of the starting players. Cards can be obtained by one of two ways.

Face Cards
When a player sets down a face card, he becomes the challenger and the next player has a certain number of tries to place down another face card. The count goes as follows:

Jack1
Queen2
King3
Ace4
If the player cannot produce a face card, the pile is taken by the challenger and play is resumed. If a face card is produced, that player becomes the new challenger and the process starts again.

Note:  If a player runs out of cards before he can use all of his tries, the next available player must finish the round for him. 

Slapping
This is where the real action and skill of the game takes place. The pile can be obtained by being slapped when a certain combination is produced.
My combinations are:

• Doubles
  • Triples
  • Sandwiches - a card between two of the same kind
  • Marriages - King and a Queen consecutively
  • Divorces - card between a King and Queen, not unlike a sandwiches

Some players also recognize consecutive cards as slappable.
If a player slaps the pile, and the combination is valid, that player takes the pile and puts it in the bottom of his deck. If the slap was erroneous, the player must burn a card, that is, place a card at the bottom of the pile.

Note: Outside players can join a game by slapping in, erroneous slaps do not have to be burned.

Ending the Game
A player becomes out when he loses all of his cards. A player can slap back in only once. If the player is out after his one chance, or he cannot find the chance to slap, he loses. The player who holds the entire deck wins.

Note: Outside players who have slapped in to start can not slap back in after losing.

I hope you enjoy this game. I find it addicting.
-Superfoo

PS I once played a 3 hour game
(I lost, started with three players, had six playing max, eight total, I was out for five minutes after the one hour mark)
Back to top Go down
http://fishcones.weebly.com

Egyptian Ratscrew

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CQ Forums :: CQ University :: Classrooms :: the playhouse-